No, You Can’t Pick My Brain. It Costs Too Much.

oh what a wonderful thing life is

screw fear do it anyway

Welcome to the blog

Portfolio

INVESTMENT

No, You Can’t Pick My Brain. It Costs Too Much.

1. Baylee

March 4th, 2019 at 8:13 pm

love this!!

2. Violaine

March 4th, 2019 at 8:18 pm

PREACH GIRL. I 100% RELATE TO THIS!!! Thank you for sharing it!!

3. Sarah

March 4th, 2019 at 8:23 pm

I love this so much!! You are an inspiration to so many ❤️

4. Melanie

March 4th, 2019 at 9:40 pm

This applies to SO many areas of life and definitely business. Thank you for being so brutally honest and upfront about your opinions! Also, you’ve personally answered questions I’ve sent (and I’m not a photographer even!) and I do appreciate the time you give to your community and followers! Keep up the great work!

5. Renee Kardash

March 4th, 2019 at 9:53 pm

Yes! Love the explanation and I don’t know how anyone couldn’t understand that. Great job!

6. Elli jo

March 4th, 2019 at 10:28 pm

I agree %110!
    And the thing is, I don’t mind helping people.
    There are just some people who go out of their way to say
    “oh I know that it’s a thing now, for photographers to not share any information and knowledge that they know, because they think that those of us asking will steal their clients.”
    I’m not concerned about other people ”stealing my clients”,
    The thing that bothers me is exactly what you said: you worked your butt off to make it where you are. Money, time and energy.
    And some people have the nerve to lie to your face…saying stuff like “I’m just a mom wanting to learn to take pics of my kids” and then they turn around and post on their social Media that they will do a photo session for $50 😂😂
    So preach it girl!! I agree and I can’t wait to learn from you this summer!!

7. Amy

March 4th, 2019 at 11:45 pm

I love all of this. I feel exactly the same way!

8. Analisa

March 5th, 2019 at 1:57 pm

Love this and totally understand where you’re coming from. I just paid full-price for two logos to be created by one of my best and closest friends because I believe her time, money and effort that went into learning that skill should be compensated fairly, regardless of relationship!

9. Gabby

March 5th, 2019 at 10:10 pm

This is SO good Lindsey! Thank you for sharing! I loved reading this because although I’m not super far into business, I’ve battled with charging what I’m worth because I believed the lie that if I have a heart, I won’t charge. But that is NOT true. I have my family to care for, and we don’t go to other services asking for discounts. Get it girl.

10. Edie Layland

March 7th, 2019 at 5:12 am

You are way too generous, but I love your heart.

11. Dannie Fountain

March 18th, 2019 at 12:59 am

Omg I just found this blog post and I LOVE IT! Linking it in my email auto-responder as a GREAT example for why I don’t do coffee chats anymore.