Brides: 5 Things Your Photographer Wishes You’d Do

oh what a wonderful thing life is

screw fear do it anyway

Welcome to the blog

Portfolio

INVESTMENT

Brides: 5 Things Your Photographer Wishes You’d Do

1. Grace Troutman

August 31st, 2018 at 5:56 pm

Yasssss! This is so true gf! You nailed it!

2. Lindsey Roman

August 31st, 2018 at 10:10 pm

Thanks Grace!! What is your #1 tip for brides?

3. Leah

August 31st, 2018 at 6:25 pm

Number 5 FOR SURE! That is the best.

4. Lindsey Roman

August 31st, 2018 at 10:11 pm

I LOVE it when my brides also become friends! It’s all about the connection!

5. Kate

August 31st, 2018 at 7:14 pm

Yes to all of these!!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻

6. Lindsey Roman

August 31st, 2018 at 10:13 pm

Thanks Kate! Did you have a fav??

7. Sarah Cortez

September 1st, 2018 at 2:44 am

I’m not a bride in search for a photographer and I’m not a photographer lol, but I’ve been keeping my eye out for things like this lately (my boyfriend and I are reaching out 8yr anniversary, we are 23 so still on the young side and saving 😋). But, I’m so glad you posted this because no, I had no idea that 1. photographers actually appreciate an invite to the wedding, and 2. That they care this much for the bride and groom on their big day! It makes me feel less intimidated, I had this misperception that many photographers are just there because it’s their job and they want to make money (like everyone else as an adult – so no offense!) it really opens my eyes to see how passionate photographers like you are, oh and now that you mention it, I’m DEFINITELY going to have a spot at a dinner table for the photographer thank you for that great tip too (:

8. Lindsey Roman

September 6th, 2018 at 10:16 pm

I’m so glad I was able to share our perception!! Photography is my job- but I’m super lucky that I am able to pursue my passion as a job! It’s so important to have that connection with the bride and groom so they are more comfortable while I’m snapping hundreds of photos of them!

9. Courtney Bellefeuille

September 1st, 2018 at 6:36 am

From a photographer standpoint – in the trust section: letting family know that you trust us so they don’t need to be tagging along every second trying to tell us which shot to get! We gotchu! If family is trying to direct you during the big day can be stressful and distracting (and borderline insulting depending on what people say!) Having the trust of not only the bride but the family too is so important!!

10. Lindsey Roman

September 6th, 2018 at 10:08 pm

Courtney, that’s such a GREAT point!! Family members are so well-meaning, but sometimes distract from the shots the bride or groom has requested!